Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
Policy Effective June 1, 2009
We at DW Distribution Inc will make every effort to provide complete satisfaction to you, our cus- tomer, by offering top quality merchandise and service. However, despite our best efforts, you may encounter a situation in which you need to return an item to us. Please follow these guidelines to expedite a credit memo for any return to DW:
- We can only accept returns made within 30 days of their original shipment date.
- We must charge a 20% restock fee on every return. This only partially covers the cost of returning an item to our warehouse.
- We cannot accept the return of a special order item or any items that were delivered direct by freight line or factory truck without first receiving permission from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer charges more than 20% restock fee, we must pass the higher fee on to you. • We cannot accept the return of a discontinued item.
Preparing for the return:
- Only return items that you would be willing to have us re-ship to your store tomorrow.
- We ask that you package items approved for return in the manner the items were originally shipped to you. Because our drivers do not carry packaging materials with them, this will help prevent damage.
- If possible, place the merchandise in an area designated for DW returns.
- Call DW RMA coordinator at 214-381-2200 ext.2252 with any information concerning your return. Information needed: po number, invoice number, type and quantity of material to be returned and reason for return.
- You may also fax a completed copy of DW RMA request for to 866-226-8769. We will then issue an RMA and fax an RMA acknowledgment to your location.
- DW will pick up the RMA on the next scheduled delivery truck. Please alert your receiving personnel so we can all work together to get the RMA returned.
- Present your RMA acknowledgement to DW driver when he arrives to make his delivery and allow him to return with a signed copy for our records, and retain a copy for your records.
- We will issue credit to your account within 24 hours of receiving the RMA at our warehouse.
That’s it! Your help in following these simple procedures will help us keep your returns picked up from your store. Thank you for your business!