Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
Policy Effective December 1, 2017
We at DW Distribution will make every effort to provide complete satisfaction to you, our customer, by offering top quality merchandise and service. However, despite our best efforts, you may encounter a situation in which you need to return an item to us.
Please follow these guidelines to expedite a credit memo for any return to DW:
- We can only accept returns made within 30 days of their original shipment date.
- We must charge a 20% restock fee on every return. This only partially covers the cost of returning an item to our warehouse.
- We cannot accept the return of a special order item or any items that were delivered direct by freight line or factory truck without first receiving permission from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer charges more than 20% restock fee, we must pass the higher fee on to you.
- We cannot accept the return of discontinued merchandise.
- Moulding returns within the WWPA spec’s will not be accepted as defective.
Preparing for the return:
- Only return items that you would be willing to have us re-ship to your store tomorrow. DW will make the final determination whether returned product is in a condition to be resalable, after it is back at our warehouse.
- We ask that you package items approved for return in the manner the items were originally shipped to you. Because our drivers do not carry packaging material with them, this will help prevent damage and ensure the condition of the product when it arrives at DW’s warehouse.
- If possible, please place the merchandise in an area designated for DW returns.
- Call DW RMA Coordinator at 214-381-2200 ext. 2252 with all of the following information: PO number, invoice number, type and quantity of material to be returned and the reason for the return. Do not request an RMA unless the product is at your location and ready for Pick up.
- You may also submit a completed DW RMA request online using DW 24/7. We will then issue an RMA and electronically transmit an RMA acknowledgement to your location.
- DW will pick up the RMA during our next scheduled delivery to your location. Please alert your receiving personnel so we can all work together to get the RMA returned and credit issued promptly.
- Present your RMA acknowledgement to the DW driver when he arrives and allow him to return with a signed copy for our records, you are encouraged to retain a copy for your records.
- We will issue credit to your account within 72 hours of receiving the RMA at our warehouse.